Header Ads

Vacancies in Barclays Singapore


About Barclays

Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth and investment management with an extensive international presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.

Barclays laying off 100 employees in Singapore
22nd Jan 2016
Nobody wakes up in the morning expecting to receive lay-off letter. Nobody is prepared for this.
These news sent me back to the scene 16 years ago, in Nov 2001 where I had to hand out a retrenchment letter to my subordinate when I was working in a Fast
Food Restaurant as a Restaurant Manager. There were many beautiful experiences working in the Fast Food Restaurant, the place we called world famous
restaurant, but the act of having to retrench people shook me. One month later, I tendered my resignation. Reason was very simple, I didn’t want to subject myself
to the uncertainty of losing my career at the age where it’s difficult to be replaced.
I started my second & final career as a Financial Consultant. I chose this career for few reasons:
This career is retrenchment proof.
This career allows me to take risk when I’m early in my career and give me stability when I'm experienced.
This career gives me the autonomy to decide the business model I want to build.
This career allows me to help others to achieve financial freedom and peace of mind.
I use time to generate income in the youger years; I use income to buy time now.
If you are reviewing your career options, consider the followings:

Canada Immigration and Visa Jobs

Opportunity to learn
Financial planning is one subject hardly taught in school, as well as people skills. Training in these two major areas will start the moment you decide to join us.
Mission
Our mission in this career is to help others to achieve financial freedom and peace of mind. If it means something to you, this is the right career for you.
Challenging / Interesting work
During the course of our works, we will face rejections from some potential clients who are not ready to commit to our proposal. It’s ok, so long we continue to give
unprejudiced and sincere advice, they will come back to us when they are ready.
Also, you will experience clients from various background, different character, experience different reactions from them. One interesting fact is that 5 years down the
road, 70% of your clients will be someone whom you do not know today.
Recognition
All work and no play makes Jake a dull boy. We put in 120% effort, energy & focus during work. However, when it comes to fun time, we put in 200%. Finland in
Europe and Taiwan in Asia are just some of our destinations.
High Income
So much has been said about the income in our industry. The truth is, we are paid according to our true desire to earn. We determine our pay cheque. You can
build up to 10 streams of income with 4 perpetual renewal incomes. There is no minimum income as well as there is no limit how much we can earn.
Work-life balance
In the initial years, we strongly encourage you to work doubly hard as your peers and your current job. Forget about the enjoying life before establishing your
career. If enjoyment is your first priority, this career is not suitable for you. However, you can assure the freedom and living life to the fullest once you are
established. Meanwhile, consider this, you get the autonomy to plan your work and schedules to suit your circumstances
Apply

No comments

Powered by Blogger.